Insight. Continuity. Guardianship.
With an established history of over 40 years, Accuro was launched in May 2017 following the management buyout of the Salamanca Group Trust & Fiduciary business, formally known as Investec Trust (a division of Investec Bank Plc).
Journey to independence
- Accuro’s journey started with the establishment of our Jersey and Geneva offices in the mid 70’s by established English law firms.
- The above businesses were then acquired in 2001 by Investec Bank Plc and rebranded later as Investec Trust. The vision was to create an integrated Trust Division of the bank focusing on private clients and entrepreneurs. The relationship of the Trust Group with Investec Private Bank was based on a partnership of choice, recognising the benefits of an independent trustee acting in the best interests of the client within a banking group.
- Accuro further expanded in March 2003 with the creation of the Mauritius office as a gateway for investment to Africa. Over the years, it has developed a bespoke offering for the South African market.
- Our journey took an important step in February 2014 with the management’s acquisition of a minority interest in Investec Trust as it was sold to the Salamanca Group. During that period Accuro operated very much independently from the wider Salamanca Group in a truly entrepreneurial environment. It also demonstrated its capacity to build its own brand by winning the 2016 WealthBriefing Swiss award for the “Best Independent Trust Company”. This achievement followed earlier recognition for Accuro being recognised as one of the “Top 25 Trust Companies” by ePrivateClient every year since 2011.
- Following a successful management buyout completed in May 2017, the management team acquired 70% of the company, thereby taking full control of the business. The remaining 30% is held by Dr Alexander Ospelt, a leading Liechtenstein lawyer.
- With a management team in its mid-forties, Accuro has a clear ambition to retain and organically build the business for the long-term. The firm’s ownership structure is designed to support this objective.